With 2012 just starting, the PLG team would like to say that we hope everything went well with you last year. We also wanted to share a few quick facts with you to wrap up 2011.
· Despite a rough national economy, following a wonderful growth of 50% in 2010, PLG saw a 27% growth in sales in 2011, and we hope to have an even higher percentage in sales growth in 2012.
· We have expanded our in-house language abilities to include French with the addition of a new team member, Crista Busse – Program Manager.
· We have also added Eric Mora, Manager – Business Development, as a team member focused directly on marketing and sales. A dedicated marketing staff will reinforce our commitment to customized services to our valued customers.
· As mentioned in the December 2011 newsletter, we have worked to create even closer relationships with our local clients as part of our effort to support local communities and businesses.
· Although previously utilizing translation memory (TM) software, we have greatly increased our use and mastered both TM and alignment software – used to input your previous translations into a TM to remain consistent in your personal translations – both improving consistency and lowering translation costs for our clients. Our next step in improving the overall translation process is a full implementation of Trados’ other key technology, the glossary-keeping program, MultiTerm.
· We expanded our service scope to cover interpreting and voice over for video and audio applications in 2011.
· We have updated and increased our database of translators by almost 450%! One benefit of this growth is that about 1/3 of our translators are located in the country of the target language (e.g., a French translator living in France). This benefits our clients because they can be sure that the translator knows relevant cultural and modern information. A growth of almost 450% and 1/3 of translators located in the target-language-speaking country allows us to use specialized translators for each project.
PLG would like to thank you for your business in 2011, and we hope for an even better 2012!